Have Questions?Ask An Expert
Fly Agaric: A Compendium of History, Pharmacology, Mythology & Exploration (Paperback)
2 In stock
With more than two-dozen contributors and over 450-pages of content Fly Agaric is the most comprehensive book on the iconic red and white-spotted mushroom ever assembled. In the 29 chapters contained herein the reader is taken on a journey through history, folklore, and the magical landscapes experienced under the influence of the Fly Agaric, and its many close relatives. The reader of this book will learn:
- How to recognize and identify over a dozen types of psychoactive Amanita species, subspecies, and varieties occurring in North America, and how to distinguish them from look-alikes.
- What psychoactive and other active compounds are found in psychoactive Amanitas, and how they affect the mind and body.
- The differences between the effects and experiences produced by psychoactive Amanitas and psychedelic Psilocybe mushrooms.
- How the Fly Agaric can be detoxified and safely prepared for the dinner table.
- The history of medicinal and homeopathic use of the Fly Agaric.
- How the Fly Agaric can be used topically and internally to treat conditions such as pain, inflammation, insomnia, and anxiety.
- Theories regarding the historical and religious use of psychoactive Amanitas around the world based on archaeological, folkloric, and other evidence.